Effective Date: March 23, 2017
Information You Provide Us. We collect information You provide directly to us.
- By way of example, we collect information when You register with Ripcord for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the Ripcord Website (including, but not limited to, if You upload, download, or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the Ripcord Website, use the Ripcord Canopy platform, request customer support, or communicate with us.
- The types of personal identifying information (“PII”) we may collect directly from You include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your business, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information You choose to provide. Please be aware that the information You choose to provide in your Ripcord profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Ripcord Website. When You access or use the Ripcord Website, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Ripcord Website and may collect information about the webpages You visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders You upload, download, share or access while using the Ripcord Website.
- Log Information: We log information about You when You access and use the Ripcord Website, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), web pages that You visit, Content You use and the URL of the web page You visited before navigating to the Ripcord Website.
- Device Information: If You access the Ripcord Website from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type). We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Ripcord Website and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow You to access and use the Ripcord Website without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the Ripcord Website are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images (also called “gifs”) that may be used in the Ripcord Website or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
- Third Party clear gifs: Our third party partners employ clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our website. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ PII.
- Local Shared Objects: Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Advertising Cookies: We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other websites
- You may opt out of third party tracking by these cookies by visiting http://www. http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed, and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html#4, and http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/. You may also find more information regarding interest based advertising and your choices at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers. You understand that we have no control over the availability or effectiveness of any third party’s opt-out procedures.
- Information We Collect From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the Ripcord Website.
Use of Information Collected
We may use the information we collect about You for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Ripcord Website;
- Enable You to access and use the Ripcord Website, including uploading, downloading, and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Send You technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features You request, process and complete transactions, and send You related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with You about services, features, offers, promotions, and provide other news or information about Ripcord and our select partners;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Ripcord Website and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Ripcord Website, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Ripcord Website, and provide content, features, and/or marketing promotions or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Ripcord Website;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide You with better service;
- Enable You to communicate and share files with users You designate; and
- For other purposes about which we notify You.
By accessing or using the Ripcord Website, or otherwise providing information to us, You consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, suppliers and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc.
- Corporate Account: If You are an individual Ripcord registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Ripcord account is owned by your employer and was assigned to You as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a Ripcord corporate account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
- For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when You choose to use collaboration features in the Ripcord Website that by their nature support sharing with third parties who You choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any Content You choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with You (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the Ripcord Website.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Ripcord Website, (d) to protect Ripcord, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify You.
Data Transfers Between Europe and the United States
To help our customers continue to validate transfers of personal data under the EU data protection laws Ripcord adheres to alternative methods for meeting the “adequate protection” requirements of Article 25 of the EU Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), including, without limitation, contracts with our users. On October 6, 2015 the Court of Justice of the European Union ruled that reliance upon the EU-U.S. Safe Harbor and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks (“Safe Harbor”) did not satisfy the 95/46 directive. On February 29, 2016 the European Commission and U.S. Department of Commerce issued the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (IP/16/216) adequacy decision regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. To learn more about the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, please visit https://www.commerce.gov/privacyshield. Ripcord is committed to safeguarding and protecting your data and will use alternative legal mechanisms and adhere to the Safe Harbor privacy principles to the extent enforceable while the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield is being finalized and brought into full force and effect. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program during this interim period, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. Compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the principles of either the U.S.–E.U. Safe Harbor or U.S.–Swiss Safe Harbor Framework does not apply to users outside the specified jurisdictions of those programs.
While no service is completely secure, Ripcord takes reasonable measures to help protect information about You from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, we encrypt your PII when it is stored in our data infrastructure. In addition, sensitive information, such as a credit card number and password that we might request from You on the Ripcord Website are protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which PII is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard PII we knowingly collect directly from You, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected PII You choose to include in documents You might upload or store on via our website are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations You may have relating to that information.
You may be asked to access your account information on the Ripcord website through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of PPI, You must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. It is recommended that You periodically change your password and use a mixture of capitalized and lower cased letters, symbols and numbers. Please advise us immediately if You believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when You finish your session. Please note that we will never ask You to disclose your password in an unsolicited telephone call or email.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide You services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Ripcord by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. If You opt out, we may still send You non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the Ripcord Website or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If You prefer, You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt You before accepting such a cookie. Please note that if You choose to remove or reject browser cookies this could affect the availability or functionality of the Ripcord Website.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them.
Links to Third Party Websites
Children Under 13
The Ripcord Website is not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If You become aware that a child has provided us with PII, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will take steps to delete such information.
As of January 1, 2005, California Civil Code §1798.83 permits visitors to this Website who are residents of California to request information regarding Ripcord’s disclosure of their information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact our customer support at email@example.com. As a California Residents who has an established business relationship with Ripcord, You may further choose to opt out of Ripcord’s disclosure of personal information about You to third parties for direct marketing purposes. You may choose to op-out any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.